The mining industry is wealthy in terms of a large volume of both structured and unstructured data. But there is an opportunity for the mine owners to capitalize on these complex sets of data by incorporating the right business intelligence technology. The use of business intelligence in the mining industry is seeing significant growth. It enhances mining automation, workforce management, safety, and gives you access to the metrics or factors which in turn helps make the best decisions.
Data analytics helps solve many real-world problems. Over the last few years, many examples demonstrate how innovative it can be to develop businesses around business intelligence. CEO Analytix provides modern business intelligence solutions for the mining sector and equips them with real-time predictive and prescriptive analytics to ensure productivity.
Data analytics in mining industry
Derive crucial benefits using BI
Make a difference by leveraging advanced business intelligence metrics to manage variability and enhance productivity.
- Enables inter-departmental collaboration for enhancing the overall operations.
- Cost drivers – metrics on areas that are productive and areas that are not
- Automate procurement processes
- Improved logistics, safety, and security of employees
- Gain insights into the mining market, position strategically, enhanced data-driven decisions, better stakeholder relations, and get a competitive edge
Mining KPIs visualization
What are the key performance metrics in mining?
The leading indicators are predictive measurements that emphasize safety performance. It helps identify trends and predicts health and safety outcomes.
The lagging indicators are output measurements or a record of what has happened in the company. It examines the past accident stats such as injury frequency, severity etc.
Performance metrics include both internal and external indicators such as total hours worked, total recordable incident rate, etc.